The abundance of rain is making it easier for mosquitoes to breed and populate their numbers this season on the North Shore. Standing water and puddles means more possible breeding grounds for the mosquito to utilize. Mosquito populations are larger this year because of all the precipitation, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be overcome through exercising mosquito-smart practices and having your property treated by a licensed mosquito control professional. Mosquito Squad of the North Shore specializes in mosquito elimination and our barrier sprays will eradicate up to 90% of mosquitoes populations on your treated property.
Utilizing mosquito smart practices will help reduce the numbers of mosquitoes in your yard by reducing the mosquito breeding grounds, leaving them minimal places to lay their eggs and spawn new mosquitoes. Even when treated by a licensed mosquito professional to prevent and control their numbers, it is imperative to exercise mosquito-safe practices to gain the most effectiveness in keeping mosquitoes away.
Mosquito Squad has come up with a simple checklist to follow that outlines the aspects of keeping your property free of debris and items that encourage and facilitate mosquitoes to breed. These are called the 5T’s of mosquito-proofing your surroundings which include the following…
1. TIP – Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters, and flat roofs.
2. TOSS – Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards.
3. TURN – Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS – If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. TREAT – Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad of the North Shore’s eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
It is important to point out that even in the event your area experiences steady and consistent amounts of rainfall, our barrier treatment remains effective. Despite rain, our product continues working and protecting you as long as the treatment has had sufficient time to dry.
It is important to protect yourself from mosquitoes. Those pesky little bites can be quite a nuisance and very uncomfortable to deal with. In addition, with the growing influence of diseases they carry, like the West Nile virus, you want to take every precaution to avoid these little insects. That’s why mosquito protection is very important. Our goal here at Mosquito Squad of the North Shore is to completely protect you and your family from mosquitoes and the many diseases they carry for the entire season even in the midst of a summer which resembles a deluge.